Crest teeth whitening strips are extremely suitable and easy to use. You can use them anywhere and whenever is essential: at the time of bath, looking at e-mail, driving, TV watching, reading books or talking to somebody on a phone.
Here are some steps on how to use Crest Whitestrips properly.
- First brush your teeth with a wet toothbrush to remove the layer of plaque (toothpaste is unnecessary – no fluoride toothpaste allowed). Rinse your teeth well with water. Tooth enamel has pores, and the pores need to be open for the chemical to penetrate.
- To avoid gum irritation, allow for some time to pass after you have brushed your teeth to apply strips. Do NOT brush immediately BEFORE applying strips.
- Open blue pouch marked “Upper” and remove the strip
- Slowly peel strip off clear backing.
- Look out for mirror and in front of it; put a strip with a gelled piece to your teeth. Make sure the strip is in good contact with the teeth.
- Align strips with gum line and press gently for good contact. These thin, flexible strips conform to the shape of your teeth, and are coated with a gel that contains hydrogen peroxide, the same enamel-safe ingredient used by dentists for teeth whitening.
- If the strips begin to slip, close your mouth and create suction to tighten the strips up again. Don’t touch the strips excessively with your tongue.
- Fold the rest of strip behind your teeth to keep in place.
- Leave the strips on for a recommended time in the instructions and do not overbleach your teeth, as this can lead to sensitivity. Just remove the whitening strip in 30 minutes or can be used for more 5 minutes in case of for Crest Whitestrips Daily Multi care and then takes out strips. Do not use the similar strip for more than one time.
- If you notice gel on your teeth, brush, rinse, or wipe it away.
- After using Crest Whitestrips, you can immediately brush your teeth gently. You also may rinse your teeth with mouthwash if you want to. It is fine to eat and drink afterwards as well. Just stay away from anything staining, like dark sodas, tea, cranberries, etc for about 2 hours. The pores in your teeth are opened after whitening process and can be more susceptible to staining